Poets Wear Prada is a poetry publishing house with excellent poets and affordable books with beautiful covers. Have you had your poetry today?--Meredith Sue Willis, Books for Readers * * * Stylistically, these beautifully designed and produced chapbooks bear their own distinctive signature.--Linda Lerner, SMALL PRESS REVIEW

Thursday, August 12, 2010

In the Aug Issue of Flutter Poetry: Interview with poet Martin Willitts, Jr.





Interview with poet Martin Willitts, Jr.


















1. When did you start writing poetry and why?
When I first started writing poetry in 1970, it was by pure accident. I had no interest in writing or reading poetry; but I wanted to write drama, so I took a creative writing course. The college teacher said that he would only read poetry. I was going through my radical period so I decided to rebel and write what I called “anti-poetry”. I started writing down fragments of conversations and used line breaks and stanza breaks “like a real poet. “ I did not realize that what I was doing was a variation of Found Poetry. What surprised me then was that he thought they were good poems.

(Read more about Martin Willitts, Jr. at:
http://www.freewebs.com/rarepetal/interviewwillittsjul10.htm )

No comments:

Post a Comment